🎓 Open / Public Training Course Event
Classroom / face-to-face delivery, PTLLS Prepairing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Central Region
Tue 3rd Dec 2019 ⭐
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
6 Places Available
3 days consecutive
Course Guaranteed To Take Place ✔
Course Ready To BookGood news, this Level 3 Award in Education and Training course which is due to take place in Birmingham on the 3rd Dec has already achieved the minimum delegate numbers required in order for it to definitely take place and can therefore be Booked & Paid for Online. The course benefits from our lowest price guarantee.
Confirmed bookings will receive instant confirmation, receipt of payment, a paid invoice and full joining instructions by return. Every course booked with Xyz is protected by our Customer Service Charter. In order to book or to receive a quote for this training please start by completing the enquiry form below.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is specifically designed to get you into teaching or training within a Further Education Environment.The course is suitable for anybody who has to design and deliver any form of training to adults, focusing on: putting lesson plans together; choosing training methodologies that will enable learners to be motivated and retain and enhance learning; techniques and ideas for both informal and formal assessment of learners to ensure learning has taken place.This is the course that ...
Who Should Attend?
The course is suitable for anybody who has to design and deliver any form of training to adults within the further education sector.
All Learners Must:Be over 19 years of age.Be able to read write and communicate to an equivalent level 2 functional skills assessment in EnglishHave numeracy skills to an equivalent level 2 functional skills assessment in MathsHave IT skills to enable them to utilise basic computer and internet functions for our programmes.Have access to the internet, a computer or laptop / tablet that can play sound and video, enable downloads of pdf / word documents, be capable of using Microsoft office or equivalent software.Also have access to a printer / scanner to upload scanned signed copies of documents when applicable.Telephone discussion or email communication, prior to enrolment, will ensure that this is the right course for you.All our learners go through a thorough on-line Induction process prior to commencing upon their chosen qualification. This ensures they understand the qualification that they will be undertaking, how they will be assessed, as well as the course handbook which details company and learner policies and procedures. This also ensures that all paperwork required for the course is completed up front, so that time spent on the classroom course is focused towards learning rather than paperwork and administrative tasks.
- The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is a 12 credit Qualification of 48 Guided Learning hours.The qualification consists of 3 Units:Unit 1 Understanding Roles
- Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training 3 Credits / 12 Guided Learning HoursIn this Unit learners will study:The role responsibilities and boundaries of a teacher in Education and lifelong learning roles (incorporating the teaching
- learning and assessment cycle)How to create a safe and supportive learning environment (both physical and emotional)The relationships between teachers and other professionals within the Education and Training fieldsUnit 4 - Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training 6 Credits / 24 Guided Learning HoursIn this Unit learners will study:Teaching and Learning approaches within Education and training (including Learning theories
- Learning Styles and Learning strategies)How to create an engaging
- motivating and inclusive
- teaching and learning environment This Unit also includes a practical Micro-Teach where through an individual teaching and feedback session
- learners will:Be able to plan an inclusive teaching and learning sessionBe able to deliver an inclusive teaching and learning sessionBe able to evaluate the delivery of an inclusive teaching and learning sessionUnit 5 Understanding Assessment in Education and Training 3 Credits / 12 Guided Learning HoursIn this Unit learners will study:Types and methods of assessment used in Education and TrainingHow to involve learners and others in the assessment processThe role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment processThe requirements for keeping records of assessment in Education and Training.
The Classroom Course runs for 3 consecutive days: 9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m.
• Airport : Birmingham International Airport 510-15 minutes away
• Railway Station : Birmingham International approx. 10-15 mins away
Or local line – Tyseley approx. 5 mins away
Parking: Private outdoor parking available – Barrier controlled on right hand side of hotel. Free to delegates
WI-FI: Complimentary WI-FI available to course delegates in meeting rooms
. Refreshments: Tea, Coffee and biscuits will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks. A light sandwich lunch will be provided.
Any other refreshments will be the responsibility of the delegates.
Training venue location and streetview links can be found at the top of this page.
Our PTLLS Prepairing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector courses are accredited by the most recognised certificating body and supported by certification produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest & most respected Human Resources training companies..
Assessment is via a series of four assignments and a Reflective Journal, completed post course, and evidence from the micro-teach session. Full post workshop support is available through a dedicated assessor / mentor and a full suite of resources on our Virtual Learning EnvironmentPlease note you have 8 weeks in which to complete your assignment / post course work after your classroom course.(NB whilst we allow a generous time-frame for completion of assignments, work completed sooner than this can be marked and certified quicker). Although it is not possible to 'fail', learners must pass all five assessed elements to achieve the award.Following the 3 day Classroom Course, learners have 8 weeks in which to submit their assignments, but can re-submit assignments within this time-scale.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to as a matter of priority.