Trade Unions, Employee Relations and the LawCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Trade Unions, Employee Relations and the Law Training?
By the end of the course delegates will be able to explain essential elements of trade union law. Understand the Information and Consultation Regulations. Describe key elements of union recognition. Understand collective bargaining in the negotiation of terms and conditions. Advise on the law relating to industrial action. Adopt appropriate employee relations strategies.
Who Should Attend
Designed for HR professionals - particularly in larger organisations - in both the public and private sectors.
- Trade Unions
- Recognition and Employee Consultation
- Definition and legal status of trade unions
- Independence of trade unions
- Nature and status of collective agreements
- Recognition and its importance
- The statutory recognition procedure
- Recognition rights
- Disclosure of bargaining information
- Information and consultation
- European Works Councils
- Information and Consultation of employees
- The European Company Statute Industrial Action and the Individual
- Effect on the contract of employment
- Effect on statutory employment rights
- Deductions from pay
- Dismissal during industrial action
- A right to strike?
- Case study Liability of a Trade Union for Industrial Action
- Liability for the economic torts
- The statutory immunities
- Removal of the immunities
- Strike notices and strike ballots
- Liability of a trade union in tort Freedom of Association
- Freedom of association and human rights
- Refusal of employment for trade union reasons
- Detriment or dismissal for trade union reasons
- Dismissal and industrial action
- Offers of inducements
- Case study Freedom of Association
- Membership rights
- Enforcement of the rule book contract
- The right not to be excluded or expelled
- The right not to be unjustifiably disciplined.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Trade Unions, Employee Relations and the Law course will be accredited to the latest in recognised certificating award. All successful delegates will also receive an Xyz certificate of attendance. Enrolled subscribers of the National Training Card will also have any certificate, qualification and/or ID card (where applicable) automatically added to their member account.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Trade Unions, Employee Relations and the Law General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Trade Unions, Employee Relations and the Law courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.