Essential HR for ManagersCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Essential HR for Managers Training?
This is a practical course which introduces you to the world of employment law and the HR issues that all line managers have a responsibility for. There is now more employment legislation then ever before, and the need for well informed line managers has never been greater. This course will help you gain the knowledge and skills to develop your confidence in dealing with HR and employment law issues in the work place through a series of practical exercises and tools. By the end of the course delegates will be able to identify the scope of the line manager's employment law and HR roles and responsibilities. Have the insight to professionally deal with personal issues that affect your staff. Understand how the current legal framework impacts upon the line manager's role. Identify how to avoid legal pitfalls and costs by having an up-to-date awareness of employment law. Identify authorised and unauthorised absence. Understand how to deal effectively with grievances and discipline issues.
Who Should Attend
Managers and leaders with line management responsibilities, this course will help you to understand the skills and knowledge required to carry out your legal and HR roles and responsibilities.
- The Line Managers Role and Responsibilities of Employment Law and HR
- Defining your roles and responsibilities
- The scope and depth of the line manager's employment law and HR duties
- Typical types of employment contract
- What are your Legal Responsibilities?
- Identifying the current employment legislation
- Awareness of Health and Safety at work and the data protection acts)
- Understanding discrimination
- Harassment Applying equal opportunities and fairness in the workplace
- Effective Absence Management
- Identifying what is authorised and unauthorised absence (Including looking at long-term sick leave) and practical solutions on how to deal with absence issues
- Latest legislation and its effect on you
- Handling Discipline and Grievances at Work
- Defining what is a grievance?
- How to handle and resolve grievances positively
- Discipline procedures
- Dealing with poor performance
- Employment tribunals - what is involved?
- Understanding how to terminate employment and when to seek the help of a specialist.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Essential HR for Managers course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Human Resources training organisations.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Essential HR for Managers General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Essential HR for Managers courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.