Discipline, Grievances and DismissalCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Discipline, Grievances and Dismissal Training?
Poor management of grievances, discipline and dismissal can be very costly in time, money and damage to employee relations. A thorough understanding of the legal environment, including how to apply the law correctly, is essential for good management. This course covers all key aspects of this fundamental area of employment law and offers participants the opportunity to evaluate, assess and review disciplinary, grievance and dismissal procedures in the context of the latest statutory rules and developing case law. By the end of the course delegates will be able to understand key law and practice relating to discipline, grievances and dismissal. Assess the day-to-day practical management aspects and be confident in advising line managers. Improve employee relations and avoid unnecessary tribunal action. Know how to handle difficult situations effectively.
Who Should Attend
HR and personnel professionals, employee relations managers, line managers, anyone responsible for dealing with or advising on disciplinary, grievance or dismissal matters.
- Introduction and background to grievances
- The employment law environment
- Contractual and statutory contexts
- What is a grievance?
- Handling grievances quickly and fairly
- Examining the ACAS Code of Practice on grievances
- Conducting grievance interviews and the right to be accompanied
- Standard and modified statutory grievance procedures
- Examining the disciplinary process and procedures
- When does a disciplinary situation arise?
- Standard and modified statutory discipline procedures
- Using documentation: effective warning letters
- Formal disciplinary hearing
- The basics of dismissal
- Key aspects of dismissal law
- Considering essential elements of unfair dismissals
- Statutory reasons for dismissal
- What are fair reasons for dismissal?
- Examining automatically unfair dismissals and group dismissals
- Handling redundancies
- Settling and compromise agreements
- Payments in lieu of notice
- Remedies for unfair dismissal
- Stress and stress-related absence
- Managing short-term persistent absence and long-term continuous absence
- Dealing with poor performance
- Handling a disciplinary matter
- Arranging and preparing interviews
- Dealing with witnesses
- Deciding on and implementing disciplinary action
- An overview of terminology and forms
- What are the current tribunal rules?
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Discipline, Grievances and Dismissal course will be accredited to the latest in recognised certificating award. All successful delegates will also receive an Xyz certificate of attendance. Enrolled subscribers of the National Training Card will also have any certificate, qualification and/or ID card (where applicable) automatically added to their member account.
Open Courses & Public Events
Our Discipline, Grievances and Dismissal training public event calendar has more than open course training dates taking place across the UK. Search and book securely online and receive an immediate confirmation together with full joining instructions, your VAT invoice and a receipt of payment. You are also able to make an enquiry and receive our formal quotation. Lowest price guaranteed.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
In addition to a comprehensive Discipline, Grievances and Dismissal open course schedule, training is also available on client premises or at one of our training venues as a private course - provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, start by completing the form below and we'll send you the full course information and a quotation based on your requirements.
Make A Discipline, Grievances and Dismissal General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Discipline, Grievances and Dismissal courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.