An Introduction to Human Resources
Find out all you need to know about the HR function, its role within organisations and the impact of latest legislation. This practical and intensive course provides a broad overview of HR issues and is designed for people embarking on a career in HR, or those taking on new HR responsibilities. By the end of the course delegates will be able to understand the current and future responsibilities for HR specialists. Plan for people needs in the workplace. Recruit and select the right people. Handle sensitive issues - ethical issues, termination, redundancy, sickness, TUPE. Use HR best practice in your role. Put equality into practice in the workplace. Participate in performance management and appraisals.
Who Should Attend
Anyone considering or moving into a role in HR, those with responsibility for providing advice on HR as part of their role or those who may be taking on more HR responsibilities.
- HR The Role and Responsibilities
- How the function can assist business aims and goals
- The current and changing role - internal consultant and adviser
- Objectives for HR specialists
- HR Best Practice
- Planning to meet the people needs of your organisation
- Managing successful recruitment and selection
- Finding the right people
- Offers of employment and employment contracts
- Performance management and appraisals
- Employment Law
- An outline of key employment law issues
- Equal Opportunities - an overview of the current sex
- race and disability acts
- Legal Responsibilities of the Employer
- Contracts - employment contracts - references - medicals
- Termination of employment
- Discrimination and harassment
- Dismissal and Absence Management
- Discipline at work - dealing with poor performance
- Dismissals - wrongful or unfair dismissal
- Employment tribunals - what is involved?
- Sickness and absence management.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The An Introduction to Human Resources course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Human Resources training organisations.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Please complete the enquiry form below and receive our quotation by return.
Make A An Introduction to Human Resources General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in An Introduction to Human Resources courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page.